All VRay materials used are available for free download by clicking either the images below or the links.
In this scene we have rendered a Ferrari 458 Italia, one of our favourite cars and 3D models we have in our library. We have taken this opportunity to showcase a few automotive VRay materials including a car paint material, a few metal textures and more.
- For the main bodywork of the car we have utilised a red car paint VRay material which includes a shellac layer to add the realism to the reflections.
- We have used a brushed metal texture and material for the brakes utilising a cylindrical UV map to simulate the disk grooves.
- For the chrome Ferrari badge at the front we used a chrome material, which is the same as the chrome VRay material available on our website, with the bump map removed to enable a smooth finish.
- We used our VRay car glass material for the windshield and windows, although we slightly darkened the material’s refraction property.
- And for the floor we used our Asphalt VRay Material which we overlayed a detailed painted road lines texture map on to create the detail on the road.